The introductory course provides an introduction to air traffic control operations and is designed for individuals with little or no knowledge of air navigation services. Specifically:
- new employees from all skyguide departments
- new employees with a national supervisory authority who deal directly or indirectly with air navigation service
- independent contractors working on skyguide operations projects
- other interested parties working closely with air navigation services, such as operational engineering and airport planning staff
- Familiarise students with the structure, organisation and principal procedures of skyguide’s air navigation services.
- Provide a detailed understanding of the tasks and working methods of operations personnel.
4 ½-day course with 33 modules:
- 24 on theory
- 4 during a guided tour
- 3 preparatory lessons on simulators
- 2 on simulators
- Instructor-led events at skyguide facilities in the air navigation services center in Dübendorf
- Guided tour at Zurich Airport
- Experienced skyguide training center staff give the courses in Swiss/High German or English. Course materials are in English.
- On request, a 2-week version with more in-depth study is available.